Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Burning CASE

This week's ODBD challenge is to CASE a card from a favorite designer.  There are so many talented designers to choose from that I have had to CASE more than one.  But Angie Crockett is my fave, and here is a first CASE of her beautiful work.  This also fits the criteria over at OWH; there is a virtual card party going on while many are on a cruise, so this card works great for the "Nautical" challenge.
ODBD Shining the Light Challenge Winner!
Card ingredients include:
Stamps-Keep My Lamp Burning-ODBD
Paper-SU So Saffron, Very Vanilla, Naturals Ivory; dp Basic Grey
Other-Brown Grosgrain ribbon, spellbinder, dimensionals, bronze pearls(Recollections)

I kept Angie's layout, used a spellbinder for the image and stamped the sentiment to the right of the image.  I changed the stamp set, the spellbinder shape and the color scheme.  I did not do paper piercing.  I sponged as Angie did, but I sponged a sunset background vs just sponging the edges.  I finished the card with 3 pearls as Angie did.  Thanks for all of your inspiration Angie!

7 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful card love everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is incredible! I love the lighthouse image and what you've done with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What terrific dimension in this card! I love house the lighthouse and how you used the spellbinders so creatively here. Nice sponging for the sunset too! Thanks for coming to the party :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card!! Angie will be so honored to see your case. Beautiful work!! Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week!!

    blessings,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your image fits beautiful on that die. Wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty!! Love the sky you created!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...