Friday, February 17, 2012

Distressed Romance

Today's challenge was a true challenge.  First this card is using the Try a New Technique over on Splitcoast Stampers.  This technique is TLC364-Wrinkle Free Distress.  I also forced myself to try to use all Stampin' Up products on this card (I failed, by the way).  Lastly, I tried to replicate yesterday's post, which used beautiful paper from Basic Grey.
My background paper was made using the distress technique found on Splitcoast.  I used More Mustard, Pool Party and Rose Red ink on Naturals White paper from Stampin' Up.  After several applications of those inks, I did a top layer of Van Dyke brown.  Other cardstock used is Very Vanilla, Pool Party and Whisper White.  The lace is dyed with More Mustard ink by rubbing the stamp pad over it and then wetting/blending the ink into the ribbon with the Aqua Painter from Stampin' Up.  The flowers from the set, Bordering on Romance were colored with Pretty in Pink, Rose Red, More Mustard, True Thyme, River Rock and Pool Party inks and the blender pen.  The image was stamped with black Stazon.  The image was then embossed with the Designer Frames embossing folder from Stampin' Up.  The smaller bunch of flowers was simply fussy cut out and adhered behind the frame.  The sentiment was stamped with Versamark and Rose Red and then clear embossed.  Lastly, I punched 2 strips of Pool Party cs with an edge punch.
All papers were sponged with Van Dyke brown ink and adhesive pearls finish off this card.  What do you think?  How did I do mimicking yesterday's card?

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...