Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Challenges x2

Hope everyone had a good great day!  I had a little time this morning to work on a card and then I got to enjoy lunch out with a friend and fellow stamper.  How much time can two people talk about rubber and ink??  Well, time passed quickly and this afternoon I decided to try this week's ColourQ challenge and the sketch challenge at Retrosketches. 

 The sketch was pretty straightforward; all I did differently was rotate the sketch.  The colors, on the other hand, were quite a challenge for me.  The were a tough combination to work with but on top of that, I am not a fan of bright blue so the Pacific Point gave me some trouble.  Also, as I don't care for the color, I don't own Pacific Blue, so I had to substitute the retired Brilliant Blue instead.  

I leaned heavily towards the Poppy, So Saffron and Gray and the card started to take on a muted, somewhat natural look to it, so I went with it.  I am happy with how this turned out.  I hope you like it and are inspired by it.  
To make this card I used-
Stamps-Stampin' Up's Kindness Matters, ODBD's Scripture Collection 3
Paper-Poppy Parade, Basic Gray, So Saffron, Naturals White, Whisper White, Sale-a-bration dsp
Ink-Basic Gray, So Saffron, Poppy Parade, Brilliant Blue
Other-Blender Pen, Color Spritzer, Sahara Sand marker, embossing frame

Also, torn paper is kind of a "thing of the past" but it seemed to work with the look of this card so I went with it.  
The next card came together quickly and is for the color challenge at Splitcoast Stampers today.  The colors for the challenge are Pool Party, Island Indigo and Whisper White.  
I had been wanting to try the pleated paper technique and I took the opportunity to try it on this card.  Splitcoast Stampers has a great tutorial on how to do this.  Just search "pleated paper" under the resources tab. 
I adhered my Whisper White, polka dot embossed panel to the Pool Party card base and then added the pleated panel which is backed with Twitterpated dsp.  I added some Pool Party Baker's twine to the panel before adhering the panel to the card.  The flower is made with the large scallop punch and the blossom punch.  The top layer is stamped in Indigo with the Mixed Bunch stamp.  I added a Tangerine Tango flower center, which is popped up with a dimensional.

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a Happy Hump Day tomorrow!

Lee Ann





2 comments:

  1. Your cards are both lovely, Lee Ann, I love the butterflies you created! Thanks for joining us this week at the ColourQ and sharing your card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards!! Love those little butterflies!! Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...