Monday, October 15, 2012

Acrylic Block Technique

SCS has a great tutorial today-the Acrylic Block Technique-which gives you a very "artsy" look to your card.

Soooo simple, yet soooo fun!!!  I am very pleased with the results of this card and it took about 20 minutes!  That has to be a record for me, LOL.  I used Midnight Muse, Not Quite Navy, More Mustard, Pumpkin Pie, Really Rust and Always Artichoke ink for the background.  The image is stamped in Stazon Black.  The card base is Cajun Craze. 
You will also need an acrylic block, spray bottle and Post it Notes. 

Thanks so much for stopping by; I hope you get a chance to try this technique!

Lee Ann
_____________________________

I liked that the Acrylic Block Technique so much that I thought I would try another card, but this time I used the sketch from Retrosketches this week.  Such a fun, playful sketch!




Here is my take on the sketch with my new favorite technique as my background-


I dug out a very old set that I have never used, Gifts from the Orient, and stamped the kites-or are they wind socks? -I have forgotten the correct term for these-over the background, clear embossed them and drew strings with a fine Micron pen.  The card base is Brilliant Blue and the top panel is in Tempting Turquoise.  I don't tend to work in colors this bright, but I am pleased with how this turned out.  I think it will make a good teen birthday card. 

Here is a photo of the real deal taken at the Missouri Botanical Gardens last fall for their Japanese Festival. 

Thanks so much for visiting my blog!  Have a blessed week!

Lee Ann  :)


3 comments:

  1. Great job....love it!
    Hugs...Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in love with how your retro sketch card turned out, that background is so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These bright colors are perfect! Another awesome card, Lee Ann!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...