Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Schooled Thanks!

Oops!!!  Did I forget Boss' Day??  This week has been a busy one at school, lots of field trips, a blood drive to run and kids getting their hearing checked tomorrow.  But I cannot forget my principal, who is an amazing boss.  This week's Freshly Made Sketch is perfect for a masculine card.  

Here is my take on this sketch complete with a bit of a school theme-


I love the orangy tones with gray so paired Cajun Craze with Basic Gray dsp from the Storytime dsp pack.  I die cut Soft suede with an Apothecary die and made a banner in Whisper White, adding a sentiment from Trendy Trees.  The leaves are from Lovely as a Tree, stamped in Stazon Brown and watercolored with an aquapainter.  I created a tone on tone background on the top third of the card using strips of Cajun Craze paper.  The leaves are popped up on dimensionals.  I love dimensionals!

Here's to hoping my principal likes this card!  I hope you like it as well!
Have a wonderful week,

Lee Ann  :)

5 comments:

  1. What a very cool card! I love the colors and the chalkboard look on the bottom. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty school-themed creation! Those little leaves are adorable...that's what I remember about going-back-to-school time! So glad you were able to play with my sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great use of that DSP!! Love the leaves! Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your clean, simple and fall-themed card! Thanks for playing along with this week's sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...