Friday, February 8, 2013

Vintage Resist

It's Friday and time to play the second Mixed Media, or Mix-Ability Challenge at Splitcoaststampers!  I love trying new things for the sake of trying, not necessarily for the sake of the end result.  And it is kind of fun getting messy!

Today's challenge is to use the emboss resist technique. I started by clear embossing my Mixed Bunch image.  I then diluted some Island Indigo re-inker and spritzed it on the paper.  I wiped off the embossed areas and then sponged Daffodil Delight to the bottom portion of the card.  Following, I spritzed the card with Mister Huey's spray ink in Warm Calico, and again wiped the embossed areas.  Once the paper was dry, I spritzed with gold Tattered Angels.  I set this aside to dry.
I then made my border out of Brushed Gold cs using the edgelits from Stampin' Up.  My flowers are made using felt from MFT.  The flourish was cut in both gray and green felts.  The yellow felt flowers were made using the MFT Royal Rolled Roses dies-small, medium and large.  The flower centers were lightly sponged with Pumpkin Pie ink.
I wanted a bow on the card, but nothing looked right.  I ended up using white tulle, which helps to highlight the embossed flowers.  The sentiment is from the Field Flowers set and is stamped in Craft Black.  The card was assembled and when it was complete, got one last spritz (OK, maybe 2 or 3!) of Tattered Angels gold mist.  

This challenge made for a fun evening!  Now to get busy finishing cards for this month's Dirty Dozen Gallery!
Thanks so much for stopping by and have a blessed weekend!

Lee Ann  :)

Supplies used-
Stamps-Stampin Up Mixed Bunch and Field Flowers
Paper-Whisper White, Basic Gray and Brushed Gold CS
Ink-Daffodil Delight, Versamark, Craft Black
Other Stuff-clear ep, Mister Huey's Warm Calico Spray ink, spritzer bottle, Island Indigo re-inker, Tattered Angels Gold mist, felt (from MFT), Cheery Lynn Fancy Flourish, MFT Royal Rolled Roses dies in small, medium and large, tulle, pearls, Stampin' Up edgelit

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...