Monday, June 30, 2014

Festive and Floral with Die~Namites

Hello Everyone!

Welcome to the last day of June, and for those in the U.S., the week of 4th of July celebrations.  Today I am sharing a card made with a brand new Die~Namites Die. I thought I would try something a little different this time; I impressed my image into my paper instead of die cutting it out.  This allowed me to treat the die as both a die and a stamp.



I fell in love with the color combo at Colour Q and thought it would perfect for the week of July 4th.  These colors remind me of summers gone by.  My mother always planted geraniums and that is what these flowers remind me of.  Add to that gingham, cool summer blues, and scallops, and my mind thinks of my childhood.



The sketch at Freshly made Sketches is really versatile; I had no trouble incorporating my impressed die image into the sketch~ 


I used the new Flowers and Leaves Die from Die~Namites.  To impress the die cut onto cs, place the cs onto a rubber mat, then place the die, cutting edge down, on top of the paper.  This was then sandwiched between cutting plates and run through the Big Shot.  I them trimmed my image down to size and used the 'outside the box' technique, fussy cutting around some of the leaves.


Once I had my image, I colored the leaves with Copic Markes, E40 through E44.  The flower heads were die cut out of Real Red cardstock and pieced onto the impressed flower heads.  A second red flower head, as well as smaller pink flower centers, were die cut out and layered onto the flowers.  The flower centers are made with one of my all time fave SU colors, Blush Blossom and embellished with pearls and glitter.  The Paper Players Challenge this week is Tic Tac Toe- I choose my tic tac toe elements to be- any shade of pink (blush blossom), pearls, and embossing.


The background image was made with the faux watercoloring technique.  I inked both Bashful Blue and Island Indigo onto my gingham stamp and then spritzed the stamp with water before stamping to give it that faux watercolor look.

I am also entering this in Simon Says Stamp W is for White Monday Challenge, as I transformed white CS into a watercolored background and white cardstock into an embossed image.  

That's it for me today!  Hope your week is full of red, white, and blue (for my U.S. friends!).

Lee Ann  :)

Supplies used-

Stamps- Our Daily Bread Designs Gingham background, sentiment is Our Craft Lounge
Paper- Neenah Solar White, Real Red, Blush Blossom, Bashful Blue, vellum
Ink- Bashful Blue, Island Indigo
Other- Die~Namites Flowers and Leaves Die, Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Scallop Edge die, SU button, Martha Stewart Chunky Glitter, Corner Chomper, pearls, Hemptique twine

11 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous, love the flowers and leaves!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Lee Ann! Those flowers are amazing! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card, Lee Ann, love your design and the unique flowers! Thanks for joining in the fun at the colourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautifully done! What a wonderful technique! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW,this card is amazing!!! I just love the leaves and flowers!! Stunning!! Awesome colors!!
    Thank you so much for joining us at FMS!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lee Ann, I had to stop over to see what you've been up to after reading your sweet comment on my new release post. And OH MY GOODNESS - you are up to all things beautiful!! I love your design style - you think of things that would never occur to most of us (well at least me) LOL!! This card takes my breath away - beautiful design so soft and yet so bright - and I love the sentiment you chose. Gorgeous!
    Hugs and Blessings,
    Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  7. TRULY Great Use of the Dies, and CONGRATS on Top Dog Dies !!! I look forward to getting to know you better and be on the team with you!! Looks like it will be positively FUN!!!! --awesome challenge combo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is simply charming! Love those flowers and the soft gingham background. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just LOVE that gingham background and your florals are pretty too! THanks for playing with the Paper Players as well as the CQC colors this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so lovely! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! - Ashli :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet use of the impressed white leaves for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! Love the pretty flowers and the overall feel of white with pops of color! Thanks for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...