Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Dazzling for Mom

Hi Everyone and Happy Hump Day!

Wednesday has rolled around already, so it is time for a new challenge at Add a Little Dazzle; this is the last challenge for February.  Where has the month gone??
This week the team is texturizing the Add a Little Dazzle Craft Metal.


I hope you can join us for this challenge!


I decided I wanted the use of an embossing folder to be the star of the show on this card.  I started with a card front sized piece of Wondrous White Craft Metal and embossed it with a Cuttlebug embossing folder.  But, before embossing, I inked up the raised side of the embossing folder with Delicata Gold ink.
Once embossed, the white metal had areas of the gold Delicata ink on it.  I selectively heat embossed some of the roses with gold ep.  Then, the embossing folder was reinked and the metal sheet was placed back into the folder, making sure to seat the images in their proper spots.  I ran this through the Big Shot and then, sprinkled clear UTEE over the metal.  I love the way the UTEE beaded up on the metal once heated up.


Next, using Adirondack reinkers, I colored some of the roses red.  I decided I needed a little bit more of something, so colored a few of the smaller flowers with Butterscotch Adirondack ink. 
To keep the focus on the embossed panel, I just added some wide red ribbon to the bottom of the card, along with 2 gold leaves and the simple sentiment tag.
I really like the decidedly Asian flair to this card.
I am linking up to ~
Inkspirational Challenge-A great inspiration photo~
 I am also linking up to Simon Says Stamp- Work it Wednesday. 
Hop on over to the Add a Little Dazzle Blog and check out the inspiration from the rest of the Oh-so-talented Design Team.  Then, why not make your own card and link it up on the Add a Little Dazzle Blog!  You do not have to use Add a Little Dazzle Craft Metal on your project, but if you have it we would love to see it! 
Interested in trying your own Add a Little Dazzle Craft Metal?  You can purchase yours HERE
Thank you in advance if you purchase Add a Little Dazzle product from
 this link as I get credit for it.  
THANK YOU!


9 comments:

  1. Oh my....what a delightfully beautiful creation, Lee Ann! I love that you inked up your folder prior to embossing, gave this card such an elegant feel. The gold touches are so pretty. Thanks for inspiring me to get those metal sheets out, and play!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely amazing technique, Lee Ann! LOVE this beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous embossing and adding of color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! It certainly does have an Asian flair. It turned out great! Love the gold leaves. Thanks for playing along with us over at Inkspirational! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. Love the embossing and gold leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, my word, Lee Ann, this must be a dazzling textural masterpiece in person! I followed along intently at the steps you took to create this look and IMHO, this whole card is genius!! Thank you so much for playing in the Inkspirational challenge!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your background is stunning, Lee Ann! Amazing and fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow thats a lot of work but you really achieved a most beautiful result :)
    Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Card! So much detail and great technique. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...