Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Thinking Christmas

Here it is only June and I, along with many other stampers, am already thinking about Christmas.  I am anxiously awaiting my Stampin' Up order with my new Christmas set in it and REALLY can't wait til July 1st when demonstrators can preorder from the Holiday Mini due out on August 1st! I will be ordering all the goodies for my Christmas in July workshop, girls!
Today  I checked out the Merry Monday card challenge, and although it was too late for me to enter my card, I decided to use the sketch anyway, as it worked perfectly for the little snowman in the Button Buddies stamp set. 



I used the following for this card:
Real Red cardstock
Whisper White cardstock
Basic black cardstock
Twitterpated dsp (as I have to anxiously await getting the newest Christmas dsp!)
Snowflake stamp set
Button Buddies stamp set
 Versamark ink
Basic Black ink
Dimensionals
Punches-circle punch, scalloped circle punch and scalloped edge punch
pearls, colored red
baker's twine
markers-chocolate chip, tangerine tango and black

The white panel with the sentiment is stamped with snowflakes in versamark; you can't see them in the photo.  The snowman's hat is double stamped and cut out and popped up.  I added a tiny bit of Glorious Green as a piece of holly on his hat and finished it off with a red pearl as the holly berry.

I wanted to continue playing with Button Buddies, so I got out the adorable rattle stamp and got busy.  I decided to create a Victorian card with non-traditional colors.  
Supplies used-
Button Buddies stamp set
Cranberry Crisp, Summer Starfruit, Pool Party, Whisper White and Soft Suede cs
Soft Suede, Cranberry Crisp, Summer Starfruit, and Pool Party ink
Victorian and polka dots embossing folders
Baker's twine
dimensionals
punches-Modern Label punch, circle punch, Word Window punch

The edges of all layers are sponged in Soft Suede and the twine is also "aged" with More Mustard and Chocolate Chip from reinkers, diluted in water.  
That's all for today!  Tomorrow is my garage sale, so hopefully I will have extra money to place my Christmas order.  Have a Blessed day and thanks for stopping by!

Lee Ann

1 comment:

  1. Your Merry Monday card is adorable Lee Ann!!! I hope you can play along with this week's sketch too!!!
    Smiles,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...