Sunday, December 30, 2012

Punny Valentine

Hello Peeps!  What a busy week it has been!  The weather has finally started to feel like winter and we got SNOW!.  Not much, but I will take what I can get.  With the New Year upon us, why not look ahead to Valentine's Day and Valentine's cards?  That is exactly what I did with today's Featured Stamper Challenge at SCS.  Sabrina is being featured today and she has a full gallery of fun, quirky diverse cards.  The card I chose for inspiration has a dog on it and lots of polka dots.  This is my interpretation of her card-


I paper pieced this dog image from Unity and stamped my banner with dots.  I fussy cut the red chevrons out of an embossed panel.  I really must get some chevron dies!  The sentiment is computer generated.  I used Crystal Effects to give this pooch a wet nose!  The ears, dog tag, and tail are popped up on dimensionals. This will be a Valentine card for my son-notice there is no pink and no hearts on this card? ;) 

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and have a wonderful and Blessed New Year!

Lee Ann :)

Supplies used-
Stamps-dog-Unity; Darling Dots-MFT
Paper-Sweet Tooth-MFT; Real Red, Basic Black, Crumb Cake and Designer dsp from Stampin' Up
Ink-Stazon Black, Craft Black
Other-Crystal Effects, MFT Fishtail Flag Stax, SU Chevron EF, dimensionals

2 comments:

  1. LeeAnn, how precious. WOW I'm impressed with your cutting skills. (not a favorite of mine) Just an adorable card. Thanks for sharing and Happy New Year to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe - this is soooo adorable!! I love it. And your cutting is perfect - another time consuming but peaceful and rewarding task. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...