Thursday, July 11, 2013

A Banner Outside the Box

Hello Again!  I decided to sneak in one more card tonight, again working on thinking "outside the box" for Summer Card Camp 2.  I used the third sketch of the week, and again, the color combo, this time leaving out the turquoise.  I really like this sketch as Jennifer McGuire showed us a wonderful twist on a banner card. 

This probably looks like a regular banner card, but the banner is a flap that actually lifts up and is the "card front".  For the sake of a decent photo, I used a bit of non permanent adhesive to hold the flap down. 
I took a little bit from each day this week to make this card.  I was inspired the Jennifer's card from Monday, I was inspired by Tami's  use of a stencil on Tuesday, and I was inspired by the embossing on vellum today.  And my pearl is colored with a sharpie, as the bling was colored with a Copic on Wednesday! 

Thanks so much for stopping by! 

Have a wonderful Friday and a fabulous weekend!

Lee Ann  :)

Supplies used- All Stampin' Up
Stamps-Hello, Lovely
Paper-Naturals White, vellum, retired dsp (orange), Eastern Elegance dsp
Ink-Pink Passion (retired), Versamark
Other-white ep, pearl, Beautiful Wings embosslit, Deco Art stencil (from Home Depot)

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! Love the colors and stenciled image! I have yet to try this sketch, but I love your take on it. I am looking forward to today's class :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you're really picking up on each lesson! I love that awesome design!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...