Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Trying the Chalkboard Technique

Hello Everyone!
I have a quick post today sharing a card I made for MOJO MondayThe Shabby Tea Room and Simon Says Stamp.   I tend to not be a trend follower, so I had not tried the chalkboard technique.  But after seeing it featured over on the Merry Monday Challenge, I decided to give it a whirl.


 I used this great sketch from Verve's MOJO Monday~

And this inspiration from The Shabby Tea Room~



I was drawn to all of the pattern in this photo as well as the black and kraft colors.
 Simon Says Stamp asked us to use a flourish of some sort on our project.  I used this great bling flourish.
If you are familiar with Verve's stamps, you know that this tag stamp has a snowflake on it.  I masked the snowflake so I would just get the tag shape edge.  I stamped leaves and sentiment from Bloom and Grow on the  now plain tag and embossed everything in white. 
 
Thanks so much for stopping by-
Have a blessed week!

Lee Ann  :)

Supplies used
Stamps- Glad Tidings (Tag image), Bloom and Grow
Paper- SU Basic Black, Crumb Cake cs, SU dsp (pink), Me and My Big Ideas (chevron), Bo Bunny- The Avenues
Ink- Versamark, SU Crumb Cake, SU white craft ink
Other- Verve Sweet Scallop Die (tag) and Elegant Leaves Die, dimensionals, Prima flower, Prima bling, white embossing powder, SU white ribbon x2

5 comments:

  1. What a fabulous card! Love the way you used the chalkboard technique. And your interpretation of the Mojo sketch is wonderful. Hope you are doing well! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, love all the subtle colors used.
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, lovely elegant design too. I love the bling flourish and the chalkboard type tag too. Thanks so much for,joining in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning creation!! Thanks so much for joining us at The Shabby Tea Room

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful card! Love those pretty embellishments. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...