Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Have a Dazzling Thanksgiving!

Hi Everyone!

Hoping everyone has a Happy Happy Thanksgiving!  If you are not spending all of your free time shopping for bargains, why not join us at Add a Little Dazzle for this week's newest challenge?  The Design Team is embossing this week, using stencils.


Here is your inspiration photo~


I used a piece of Midnight Blue (love that color!) Add a Little Dazzle Craft Metal, clear embossing paste, Martha Stewart Fine Glitter and my Add a Little Dazzle Mosaic Swirls Background Stainless Steel Stencil.  I have to say, this is my only stainless stencil and WOW, what a difference from plastic stencils.  It is super sturdy- no shifting of the stencil or anything!
So, first I embossed the metal, using the stencil and suede and paper stump from The Basic Embossing Tool Kit.  Once I had dry embossed the entire image, I embossed again, this time using clear embossing paste.  I added a good amount of glitter to the entire embossed area, shook off the loose glitter and let the whole thing dry.
My snowy landscape was cut freehand and glittered with Stampendous' glitter.  The deer is cut using the Top Dog Dies Darling Deer Die.
Admittedly, I had different plans for this stencil in the beginning.  But, once I got started, what I saw with this stencil and Midnight Blue Metal was a night sky.  To me, the glitter gives the sky a Northern Lights appearance.  I love how it turned out!
I sure hope you can join us this week!  As always, there is a prize involved!  
You do not need to use craft metal, but if you have it, we would LOVE to see it!

edit-I am linking this card up to the End of Term Blog Hop over at Mynn's House of Cards.  

Thinking you want to purchase Add a Little Dazzle Craft Metal or embossing supplies for yourself?  
You can do so HERE.  I thank you in advance as I will get credit for 
your purchase.  
THANK YOU!
And, in case you need a little more incentive, Monica at Add a Little Dazzle is having 
lots of Black Friday specials, including brand new product and Freebies!  


HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Lee Ann  :)

9 comments:

  1. Your card caught my eye in the tiny thumbnails at the bottom of Monica's Add a Little Dazzle post and I just HAD to enlarge it for a closer look! Then I just HAD to know how you achieved that awesome glittered background so thank you so much for sharing how you did it. I love, love, love this card! Kudos to you for coming up with such an awesome design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowser this is a beautiful card I adore your background one of the nicest ever <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lee Ann! I think your project is the prettiest one for this challenge. I LOVE the sky! It looks so nice on the Midnight Blue metal sheet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW. That background is utterly amazing, Lee Ann! This is stunning work! I'd love for you to come and hop with us at House of Cards if you have the time and would be over the moon if you entered our DT call! I hope you have time to join the fun of the hop--we have prizes! HUGS! :) Mynn

    The hop is here: http://houseofcardschallenge.blogspot.com/2014/12/end-of-term-blog-hop-prizes.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hopping with us at House of Cards! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

      Delete
  5. Beautiful glittery goodness! Love that swirly background! Thanks for joining us at House of cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning card! Love the background and and the contrast! Thanks so much for joining us at House of Cards!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...