Sunday, December 17, 2017

Ornaments in Red

Hello, Hello!

I love today's Christmas card.  This was one of those stamps that I had to have, no questions asked.  Elegant yet simple~


This is one image stamped three times.  Almost CAS, but I wanted dimension on the final layer. 

I started by creating a simple template of the Draped Ornaments image from Technique Junkies.  I stamped the image on scrap paper and then loosely fussy cut it out.  This helped me to determine final placement of my images.  The first time I stamped the image off center to the left on the card base.  The second time I did a bit of masking of a few ornaments.  I also used the template to determine exact placement of the second stamped image.  This one was stamped off center to the right.
The third image was stamped and the ornaments colored with Copics.  Then the image was fussy cut out.  I adhered it to the card using dimensional tape.  I added light shadows to the background ornaments with grey Copics.
The sentiment is from the Gifts of Christmas stamp set.  I added some shimmer to the ornaments with Wink of Stella.

Well, what do you think?  Simple yet elegant.

I am linking up to Happy Little Stamper's Christmas Challenge- Anything Goes, Asddicted to Stamps Challenge- Make Your Mark, and Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog- Christmas.   

Wanting to do some last minute shopping?  Get 10% off all Technique Junkies stamps using code 
TJ10LeeAnn~ 



Thanks so much for visiting!

Lee Ann  :)

6 comments:

  1. Oh my! Just ordered from them yesterday and didn't spot this beauty! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely simple and elegant! In fact I’d say simply stunning and elegantly crafted. Love it! Thanks for playing at the HLS Christmas challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Lee Ann! I love the garland of ornaments, how beautiful is that! absolutely stunning and the pops of red are perfect! WOW!! LOVE this :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm, not so simple I don't think, Lee Ann, with all that masking and fussy-cutting, but definitely, definitely elegant and beautiful! I can't take my eyes off it and now I must have that stamp, too!! Merry Christmas to me and Happy Holiday Hugs to you!! Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Lee-Ann is an amazing project. In the style of the CAS and I love him for it. At the same time, when I look at the card, I see how much attention and accuracy you had to put in this card. Thanks to the savings in colors you made the red elements just pop out of the card.
    Thank you for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Christmas.
    Regards, BożenA DT HLS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! Conveys the craziness of Christmas decorating.
    I might need this stamp.......

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...