Thursday, April 12, 2018

Birthday Bird

Hello Everyone!

Mixed Media!  Yep, having a little fun!  Several different Technique Junkies stamps were used on this card.  You can get 10% off your entire cart at Technique Junkies with code TJ10LeeAnn, should you decide to go shopping!  Whoop!  Whoop!


This was just plain fun to make.  I started out with some translucent Yupo and alcohol inks.
I created a alcohol ink background in shades of blue.
Next, I wanted to try J. McGuire's ghost image technique.  I inked up my Technique Junkies Stencil Rings background stamp with Archival Ink.  I only had black, so that was going to have to do.
The alcohol inked background was stamped with the Stencil Rings stamp and then the ink
was immediately wiped off, taking the alcohol ink with it.  Such a cool technique.
Once the background was done, I brushed on Flitterglu to the bird from the Technique Junkies She is Fierce Stamp Set -Love this bird- stamped the image in the glue and then foiled the bird in gold.  I do not have a laminator, so I just sandwiched the foiled bird in between a folded piece of copy paper and ran it through my Big Shot.  It worked!  The bird was fussy cut out. 
I added a bit of glue to the background and added foil to that.  The speech bubble die cut was stamped with the Donuts Happy Birthday stamp.  A white strip of cardstock scored with a stitch die finishes off the card. 
I am linking up to these challenges-
Die Cut Divas- 'Anything Goes'
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge- 'Add some Texture'.
Happy Little Stampers 'Anything Goes with Dies' Challenge.

Thanks for stopping by!  Hope the rest of your week is amazing!

Lee Ann 

5 comments:

  1. Such a cool technique (must give it a try) and an eyecatching design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your bird strutting his stuff, Lee Ann; great background, too! Thank you for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful background and a fun card. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the glittery look!
    Thank you for sharing with Happy Little Stampers!
    Susan
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the technique you used for your background. Love the bird and the gold. wonderful card
    beautiful cards, love that pop of blue on your flowers
    thanks for joining us at HLS
    Barb Housner

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...